Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In DC... For a Few More Hours

Well, I finally made it to DC after a very long day of traveling. Long story short, my direct flight was canceled, so I was re-routed through Chicago. BUT, I made it in one piece with all my luggage, so I am not complaining! We did 4 hours of staging orientation stuff this afternoon, and then I went with some fellow PCTs to dinner in Germantown. We are here for a few more hours - leaving the hotel at 3 a.m. for the airport. Then we're off to Panamá! I'll have my cell phone until we depart from Miami around 1:30 p.m., so any last minute phone calls will have to be before then! I'm not sure when I will be able to update this again during the next few months of training, but I will do my very best! I am very excited, but I don't think it has completely sunk in yet that I will be out of the country this time tomorrow; an adventure that I cannot begin to imagine is about to begin! Goodbye for now! 

3 comments:

  1. We'll be thinking about you Kristin. What an opportunity and experience you've begun. Take care.
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! Thanks for updating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. germantown?! bahaha. that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete